I really enjoy getting things in the mail, as strange as that may sound. I started going online and ordering random samples from companies a few years ago. I’ve graduated into paying for said samples- hence the Ipsy bag. For $10 a month, you will receive random samples (or full sized products) from companies promoting their products. Ipsy goes a bit above and beyond by sending your samples in a very cute and useable bag. This is what I got in January:
1. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask-
I adored the smell of this. I am wary of using conditioning masks, just because of how oily my hair gets, but my hair gets drier in the winter. I am excited to try this.
2. Elizabeth Mott Shadow in Pearl. This was a very pretty color, but it went on gritty and the glitter was very abrasive. I enjoyed the sample, but I won’t buy full price.
3. Nourish Organic Moisturizing Facial Lotion. I love the light, citrus smell of this- it went on smooth and my skin drank it up. I may splurge and buy this.
4. Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm. This was a pretty color, but I think it may be better in the summer. It doesn’t provide the relief for chapped lips I so desperately need right now.
5. Proactiv Mark Fading Pads. I was SO excited to get this set of 4 pads. I have acne marks on my chin that won’t budge, and they drive me crazy. I am interested to see what these can do to those pesky scars.
All in all, this bag wasn’t too bad. It is a step up from Birchbox, in my opinion; their products are very expensive and never full size. I am looking forward to next month’s bag.
What about you? Do you subscribe to any beauty bags?