Whoo-hoo! Two entries in 1 night. It’s getting wild in here, y’all.
I love Buddhist jewelry. I love the sentiment of all the symbols. I think they’re so neat. Whenever I decide to man up, I plan on getting a hamsa tattoo. I haven’t gotten a new one since I was 21, and I’m starting to think it’s a lot like going back to school: the longer you wait, the harder it is to go back. Hey, no one ever said I was a good influence.
These are some hamsa pieces I made a few nights ago. They also happen to be #13-#15. I have no idea if I’ll actually make it to 100, but hey, at least I’m still following my resolution!
I also promised you guys I would start being more “me” with you. So, I found this cool challenge on Pinterest of 30 topics to blog about. They’re pretty personal, but I’m going to attempt to go through them all.
#1: Five ways to win your heart.
Shew, let’s dump myself straight into vulnerable territory. I hate being vulnerable; I’d rather do anything else than put my heart on my sleeve. My partner at work tells me all the time that he’s pretty positive I have no heart (thanks dude). I’m trying to work on it, though, because I figure no one knows how you feel if you don’t tell them. And if it’s negative, how will they fix it? It’s a complete work in progress, though; I am awful at it. But I digress.
1. Know who you are. There is nothing more attractive that will win me over than knowing yourself. Embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly. Own the room you walk into, light it up. I love being the significant other of someone that people are drawn to.
2. Have a passion. I swear I have undiagnosed ADD, but no matter how boring I think something is, if the person who is telling me about it has an obvious passion that shines through, I will be entranced. People who have a passion for something just have a glow about them.
3. Show me you care. Good morning texts, flowers, planning something fun, brag about something I did that you think is awesome, ask about something you know I care about deeply, all of it is awesome. I don’t need the moon. I just need you to show you care.
4. Love your family. Look, all of our families drive us crazy. My dad and I have the same temper, my mom will purposely push my buttons, and my brother chews loudly. I love the shit out of all of them. Tell me how much you love your parents, or your grandma, or how proud you are of your brother. It shows me that you have a structure in your life and cherish the little things that many people don’t have. I get that we all have skeletons. But that’s why we have our families; to help us take them out of the closet and make em dance.
5. Give me space to be myself. I have been told by many, many, MANY people in my life that it’s going to take a special man to “deal” with my strong personality. First of all, I don’t want to be “dealt” with. I want to be loved for who I am. I’m a pain in the ass, I have a temper, I’m stubborn as hell, and I need to occasionally be told when I’m being ridiculous. But I need a man who can reign me in, while simultaneously giving me the space to be my own person and loving me all at once. Don’t try and break me down. I’ll be gone before you know what happened.
How about y’all? What 5 things to win your heart?