It’s that time again! I received my Ipsy bag in the mail yesterday, and this month’s theme is “Pretty in Paradise.” If you subscribed to Ipsy, they will send you 4-5 full or trial sized samples of products for you to try. It’s only $10 a month. I have yet to be disappointed in a bag!
1. Lash Out Mascara by Be a Bombshell in Intense Black ($15)- This product paid for the bag itself, which I always love. I didn’t notice a big difference in the size and length of my lashes, but it went on well and was lightweight. Quite a few people online stated it smelled like pickles, but I didn’t notice that when I put it on. I’ll try this a few more times before I give it a verdict.
2. Dream Waves Beach Spray by Marc Anthony ($8.79 full sized)- I tried this last night after my shower, and I am OBSESSED. This product smells wonderful and gave a ton of texture to my hair. My hair is wavy and there’s a whole lot of it, so it sometimes doesn’t take to products that well. This product didn’t weigh my hair down or make it greasy. What’s even better? You can buy it at Walgreens!
3. Butter Gloss by NYX in Creme Brûlée ($5.00)- I love NYX because it doesn’t cost a fortune, but the products work well. These gloss went on very smooth and wasn’t overly sticky. It also stays put. After I tried it, I went outside, and the sweat didn’t make it run. I am very pleased with this product.
4. Universal Eyebrow Pencil by OFRA ($13)- Confession: I do not own an eyebrow pencil. I do not know how to use an eyebrow pencil. I had to look it up on Pinterest! I regularly have pretty thick eyebrows, but there are some places that could use some fill. I used this and my eyebrows did look much more “together.” However, I’m not used to how it looks, so I was kind of shocked! I plan on contacting one of my beauty guru friends to see if she can help me master this. Overall, I am excited to have my first eyebrow pencil!
5. for Her by Realtree ($24.99 or $19.99 for Ipsy subscribers, full sized)- I don’t like fragrances. I am very particular with the kind of scents I wear, because a lot of them give me a headache. I like perfume that almost smells like cologne (Adidas Sport for Women is my go to) or not overly florally. This was too overpowering for me. The smell isn’t bad and the packaging was cute, but it’s bound to give me a headache quick!
Another month, another Ipsy bag. I’m rarely disappointed, and this is no different!